Job Title: People & Culture Guru
Department: Shared Services
Location: The Boulevard, Woodstock Cape Town
Overview: A highly motivated, diligent and enthusiastic person with a strong HR background needed for a Software Company. An ambitious person who has excellent communication skills as well as knowledge of the recruiting process and labour regulations.
We are currently seeking a talented and professional Human Resource (HR) Generalist (the doer of a little bit of everything) to join our team and manage all human resource processes. The successful candidate will be passionate about recruiting, supporting, and evolving employees through our company’s guidelines and managing processes.
Your main responsibilities will include reviewing, developing and maintaining company policies, maintaining employee records, and driving the recruitment process of new employees.
- Work with the third parties, management and staff to ensure the implementation of company HR strategies, policies and procedures;
- Effectively reviewing, developing, and implementing company policies and procedures;
- Work with third parties and management to ensure the continuous development and effective
implementation of company policies and procedures in support of South African Employment
Legislation. This will include:
- Assisting management with implementing company policies and procedures to ensure the effective day-to-day management of staff relations;
- Ensuring all staff are aware of their benefits, rights and obligations in terms of company policies and procedures, and ensuring all related administrative duties are implemented and maintained;
- Coordinating staff development and talent management strategies, to ensure continuous
improvement in staff competency, leadership capacity and people performance.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a mentoring programme for all interested staff.
- Assist management in establishing and developing a staff training programme.
- Facilitating the sourcing and delivery of training courses as required.
- Arranging weekly meetings with CFO to refine and implement HR strategies.
- Assisting Management with disciplinary procedures.
- Conducting regular check-ins with all staff.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions.
- Evaluating and updating existing job descriptions.
- Working with management and staff to ensure agreement and understanding of roles.
- Annually reviewing and updating job descriptions in consultation with management.
- Ensuring that changes to job descriptions arising from promotions or other changes are reflected in staff contracts.
- Annual submission of SETA, COIDA and Employment Equity reporting.
- Monthly processing of payroll
- Manage recruitment, including:
- Assisting managers in the screening of applicants and tracking applications;
- Assisting managers with the interview and testing process;
- Managing staff onboarding and exit procedures; and
- Compiling contracts for incoming staff and updating them as necessary.
Inherent Requirements of the Job:
- Suitably Qualified with a required diploma in HR Management or Industrial Psychology
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with Payspace advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with all levels in the organisation.
- Familiarity with full-cycle recruiting
- Ability to problem solve.
- Solid understanding of labour legislation and payroll process
- Willing to travel.
To apply, simply click on this ‘Apply for position’ link. (Make sure to add your Curriculum Vitae, which must not be longer than 2 pages, with a brief covering letter.)