Job Title: Financial Manager (Contract)
Department: Finance Team
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
Overview: This role will involve the management of the Company’s Finance team, the implementation and management of strong finance processes, and driving effective Finance reporting while keeping to deadlines.
Accountant duties/tasks of which would include but not be limited to:
1. When team members have been allocated a Finance related task, tracking the progress and ability to meet given deadlines.
2. Ensuring excellent Finance reporting quality for all group companies
3. Preparing the group management report monthly and reporting on this in the monthly Finance meeting.
4. Preparing all monthly GP reconciliations and questioning any discrepancies.
5. Preparing all monthly balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documents.
6. Preparing projections to be presented to management monthly.
7. Managing cash flow (including cash projections and currency control)
8. Assist with the external reviews to ensure correct & accurate year-end financials within budget.
9. Analyse and control expenses ensuring expenses align to budgets, while ensuring all payments are made timeously with the appropriate approval.
10. VAT Reconciliation finalised for payment by the 25th of each month.
11. Invoicing customers and doing the related imports into Pinewood DMS.
12. Ensuring that Pinewood DMS is kept up to date and that weekly recons are kept up to date.
13. Management of the Fixed Asset Register.
14. Ad hoc reporting to the various departments.
To apply, simply click on this ‘Apply for position‘ link. (Make sure to add your Curriculum Vitae, which must not be longer than 2 pages, with a brief covering letter.)