We are looking for a highly-skilled, creative and passionate Project Manager to join our team.
You will be responsible for planning and overseeing customer faced projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
This opportunity will enable you to entrench sound Project Management principles into the business’s projects team and ensure exceptionally high levels of professionalism and delivery criteria.
- Determine and define Statement of Work for new business implementation.
- Manage existing customer consultancy tasks and projects.
- Accurately predict resources needed to reach all project objectives. Allocate and manage such resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budgets based on scope of project work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates regularly to the various stakeholders, including the Customer and third-parties, about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with any suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution.
- Monitor project progress and adjust as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement, and where required efficiently implement such improvements.
- Organise, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure all project actions and decisions are documented through the project tool available.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support.
- Assess project and help-desk risks and issues and provide solutions that can realistically be delivered.
- Drive departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage and develop the project resources in Cape Town and Johannesburg offices.
- Participate in the development of annual Financial Budgets and business targets, and to assume responsibility for the overachievement of such budgets and targets relating the work that the Partner Support Services are involved in.
- Professionally represent the Business at all times with customers.
- Successfully work together and in conjunction with all other departments within Pinewood SA to successfully achieve its objectives, and ensure that the Partner Support Services Team activities support a successful working relationship with these departments.
- Manage the Company’s internal Dashboard(s) (ensuring the Company’s internal activity tool is driven, maintained, updated, correct and allows the business an accurate and transparent view to measure the departments key metrics), and where Dashboards will not suffice, to prepare and communicate reports on a monthly or ad-hoc basis.
- Run productive Team Meetings within the Projects portfolio.
- Ensure the management of the Projects Team is driven by the principle of excellence and accountability.
- Travelling within South Africa and any other Country to successfully fulfil the outputs of this role.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to provide information around tasks, plans, schedule, and strategies.
- Ability to encourage and enable all parties to work together as a team to meet deadlines and accomplish the project.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and uncover opportunities.
- Strong negotiation skills, that enable win-win agreements.
- Ability to control project issues all-whilst effectively managing stakeholders.
- Knowledge of team strengths and weaknesses and ability to recognise resistance and overcome it.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor teammates.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education; majoring in Project Management and Change Management or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management and/or related experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- High-level understanding of the motor industry will be an advantage.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Solid experience with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practice.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Successful track record of managing projects, implementing resources and bring projects to a successful close.
To apply, simply click on this ‘Apply for position‘ link. (Make sure to add your Curriculum Vitae, which must not be longer than 2 pages, with a brief covering letter.)