Job Title: New Business Sales Executive
Location: Johannesburg or Cape Town Office
Overview: This position will be instrumental in ensuring the business’s objectives are met in terms of new business growth and effectively communicating to the industry that we are the DMS Partner of choice.
The duties/tasks of the New Business Sales Manager function will include but not be limited to:
- Driving and developing New Business Sales policies and procedures.
- Through the professional execution of various selling activities, driving:
- New Business Growth – ensure the Business’s business growth objectives are realised in terms of new Pinewood DMS Partners through active prospecting activities, fact-finds, introductory presentations, system demonstrations, preparing and presenting a proposal, and ultimately the successful conclusion of customer contracts;
- Ongoing industry, country and competitor analysis – in order to ascertain new business opportunities and to proactively act on these opportunities;
- Maintenance and updating of the Business’s Prospective Customer Database;
- New Business Marketing – in conjunction with the Business’s Marketing Co-ordinator;
- Excellent Customer Service – ensure new and existing customers are on the receiving end of excellent customer service, allowing the Business to successfully implement referral programmes in support of gaining new customers;
- OEM knowledge – developing and maintaining a strong understanding of the OEM’s within our markets and the relevant integrations with each.
- Participation in weekly New Business and Marketing meetings which will include report backs on all required New Business activity and progress.
- Participate in the development of annual Financial Budgets and business targets, and assume responsibility for the overachievement of such budgets and targets relating to the New Business Sales portfolio.
- To professionally represent the Business at all times with customers and potential customers.
- To successfully work together with all other departments within Pinewood SA and ensure that the New Business Sales activities support a successful working relationship with these departments.
- Management of the Company’s internal New Business Sales internal activity system/ tool to ensure it is timeously updated, accurate and allows the business to measure key New Business metrics at any point in time.
- Ensuring knowledge of the Business’s Software Systems are at a sufficient level to carry out the duties required.
- Being driven by the principle of accountability.
- Travelling within South Africa and any other African Country to successfully fulfil the outputs of this role.
Inherent Requirements of the Job:
- Relevant tertiary education or equivalent experience (i.e. in the fields of New Business Development, Sales & Marketing)
- Strong sales, relationship management, administration, time-management, and organisational skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Retail Motor Industry (dealerships and OEM’s) and understanding of Dealer Management Systems, with proven industry experience to support this
- Ability to network within the Motor Industry at a senior level
- High level of professional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven ability to innovate and drive innovation within a team
- High proficiency level in MS Office – with strong skills in Powerpoint, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Drivers licence and own reliable transport
To apply, simply click on this ‘Apply for position’ link. (Make sure to add your Curriculum Vitae, which must not be longer than 2 pages, with a brief covering letter.)