Department: Partner Support Services Team
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
Reporting to: Partner Support Services & Product Manager
The successful candidate is an experienced Business Intelligence Developer who demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of data warehousing, Power BI and is also capable of understanding and analysing business requirements. This person must be open-minded, creative, flexible, and prepared to work in a very dynamic, innovative environment. Provides technical and functional assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems, solutions, procedures, reporting, and analysis tools to meet business intelligence requirements. Candidates should have experience with a deep understanding of ETL, Data Visualization, Data Modelling, Database design and performance tuning.
The BI Developer’s duties/tasks would include but are not be limited to:
- Assist in designing, researching, and analysing internal processes that will ultimately aid in the fluid delivery of reports to the customer;
- Work closely with clients and key decision-makers to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions;
- Design and build data models to improve analysis capabilities;
- Develop reports, visualizations, and custom extracts using PowerBI & other business intelligence tools;
- Review reports to improve accuracy, functionality, and consistency through the execution of BI validation processes and procedures;
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards;
- Provide operational support, bug fixes, and performance enhancements of the reports and dashboards;
- Develop and update technical documents;
- Provide estimates, project and deliverable status, and communicate to the project manager;
- Research business problems and create models that help analyze business problems and depict trends in the industry.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems and implementing necessary changes where applicable.
Inherent Requirements of the Job:
- Relevant 3-year IT Degree/Diploma
- Proven experience as a BI developer (minimum 4 years’ experience)
- Experience with SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI Desktop / Service, Power Pivot, Power query.
- Experience with data warehouse architecture and data modelling for reporting and analytics purposes.
- Data model design, optimisation and query using DAX & SSIS design and development of ETL workflows
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Must perform with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capable of strategic thinking and innovation.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and have the ability to present complex information concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Effectively able to interact with multiple customers.
- Be a person that takes ownership of and pride in your work.
To apply, simply click on this ‘Apply for position‘ link. (Make sure to add your Curriculum Vitae, which must not be longer than 2 pages, with a brief covering letter.)