Course Title: Accounts 101
This course focuses specifically on the areas of Pinewood DMS that are most frequently utilised by the Accounting Department team members within a dealership. This will cover various processing routines and associated Accounts Module including cashbook, sales and purchase ledger, fixed assets, and other accounting functions.
Items covered in the course:
1. Sales Ledger – creating and maintaining accounts, processing and reporting in the sales ledger including company registration number for Data Point.
2. Purchase ordering – understanding the purchase ordering process through to the various modules.
3. Purchase Ledger – creating and maintaining accounts, processing and reporting in the purchase ledger including company registration number for for Data Point.
4. Cashier process – processing of cash and credit cards within the dealership.
5. Cash book – processing of receipts and payments and doing a Pinewood DMS bank reconciliation.
6. Nominal Ledger – processing of journals, analysing profit and loss accounts and enquiring on.
7. Fixed Assets – Adding, disposing, maintaining and depreciating fixed assets.
Having attended this course, delegates will be able to:
1. Understand the sales ledger processes, and how to ensure that debtors are correctly maintained and followed up.
2. Understand the purchase ledger processes, from order to reconciliation to payment.
3. Manage the cash processing for the dealership and reconciling to bank statements.
4. Producing a set of monthly accounts to reflect the business position.
5. Ability to manage the dealerships fixed assets in the Pinewood DMS Fixed Asset register.