Business Operations Specialist
Job Title: Business Operations Specialist
Location: Brickfield Canvas, Woodstock Cape Town
Reporting to: COO
As a Business Operations Specialist, you will review various areas of the business’s operations for the purpose of improving operational processes to better serve our customers and improve efficiency within the business. You are responsive and committed to improving operational efficiencies across all teams. Business Operations Specialists are detail-oriented people with the ability to look at the bigger picture.
The duties/tasks of the Business Operations Specialist function will include but is not limited to:
- Working with the COO: assisting in various Operational projects and tasks, all whilst supporting the efficient running of the operational portfolio and delivery of strategic projects.
- Assistance with the development and maintenance of operational policies and procedures.
- Ensuring a strong working knowledge of each Operational portfolio and how each integrates with one another; activities that will assist in this will include but not be limited to:
- Attending the various Operational portfolio team meetings, within which any areas of assistance, streamlining and improved efficiencies should be identified, and viable solutions proposed.
- Actively track the activities of each portfolio through their various dashboards and projects.
- Assisting with any Operational tasks (administrative or other), as and when required.
- To successfully work together with all departments and Directors.
- Analysing operational data and information and using it to create reports on the business’s operations, customers, and industry trends, which can then be presented to the Management team and used to develop business plans.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers, managers, staff, suppliers, and develop new relationships when the opportunities present themselves.
- Exploring and driving the concept of internal change needing to be faster than the external rate of change in the market.
- Champion various projects, ensuring the concept grows into a meaningful community with quarterly engagements.
- Manage and carry out a variety of weekly/ monthly reconciliations and reports.
- Liaising with customers, prospective customers, and manufacturers, as and when required – including online engagement through the online tools available to the business.
- Competently fulfilling all required administrative duties.
- To represent the Business professionally always.
- Ensuring knowledge of the Business’s Software Systems are at a sufficient level to carry out the duties required.
- Traveling within South Africa and any other Country to successfully fulfill the outputs of this role.
Inherent Requirements of the Job:
- Relevant tertiary education (Bcom, Business Operations, Project Management).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be advantageous.
- Strong proficiency in the Business’s operating software systems (i.e., MS Office, Sharepoint, Autotask, Teams, Zoom, Wrike etc.).
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the Motor Industry (franchised dealerships).
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or projects at once and to deliver to deadlines.
- High level of professional communication skills (both verbal and written), an ability to communicate effectively in both English and Afrikaans will be advantageous.
- Ability to innovate.
- Solution and initiative-driven.
- Desire to continuously improve the business, oneself, and the position.
To apply, simply click on this ‘Apply for position‘ link. (Make sure to add your Curriculum Vitae, which must not be longer than 2 pages, with a brief covering letter.)