Each time you access this website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and you are deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions of use. Pinewood DMS SA (Pty) Ltd (referred to as “Pinewood SA”, “we” or “us” in this notice).
The information you provide to Pinewood SA may be held by Pinewood SA for the following reasons:
- Market research
- Tracking of data
- To communicate with you regarding products and services that we offer
- To improve our products and services
- To provide aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help Pinewood SA develop its website and services
- Recruitment and selection purposes
- Calls to Pinewood SA may be recorded for quality and training purposes
We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time we may contact you by e-mail or telephone to ask your opinions.
Maintaining the security of your data and ensuring that you are in control of how your data is handled is a priority at Pinewood SA. We are dedicated to ensuring that we are transparent about the data that we collect about you, how we use it and the conditions whereby we may disclose your data to others. We will ensure that your data is kept secure and that you are aware of the steps we have taken to ensure the security of your private information.
Pinewood SA takes the security of your data very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 which is applicable from 1st July 2020. Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice aims to provide you with information about:
- Personal data we collect
- How we may use your personal data
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
Personal data we collect
We will only collect relevant data to enable us to carry out the service you have requested or accessed, below we have set out in more detail about the personal data we collect and why we collect it. We review our retention periods regularly and will only hold your data for as long as it is necessary for the original purpose it was collected for, as required by law or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
If you enquire about one of our services, we require your name, email address and contact telephone number to able us to respond to your enquiry.
How we may use your personal data
Where you have provided consent
Pinewood SA uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes and we may contact you to update you in accordance with your selected marketing preferences.
- via email, text message, or telephone with offers, services and other related products.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving promotional communication at any time by;
- Changing your marketing preference by selecting the ‘Preferences’ link located at the bottom of each marketing mailer.
- Contacting Pinewood SA via the contact details set out in this notice.
Where there is a legitimate interest
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our Legitimate Interest as a business for the following purposes;
When visiting our website, we may collect data directly from you as set out in this notice, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity, both online and in dealership, along with your previous response to marketing communications. The results of this data (collected by Cookies) allow us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use automated profiling software.
Pinewood SA recommend that you accept cookies for the following reasons;
- They enable us to customise elements of our websites for you to provide you with relevant content and offers based on your previous browsing history.
- We are able to recognise how many users are accessing our website so that we can ensure we have enough capacity and that our pages load within an acceptable time for visitors.
- It helps us to identify errors with the website and resolve them effectively.
- They allow us to collect statistical, anonymous information about how our visitors browse our site so that we can improve customer experience.
- It informs us which sections of our site are the most popular and how we can improve those that do not perform well.
Website Banner Marketing
If you visit our website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites including but not limited to search engines and social networking. Any banner advertisement you will see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our website on your computer or other devices.
These advertisements are provided by Pinewood SA using ‘Cookies’ placed on your computer or other device. You can remove or disable cookies at any time – see our cookies policy below for more information.
You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the social media platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it receives from us.
When you provide us with your personal data we may ask you to set your marketing preferences with us so that you can choose (if any) the information you’d like to hear more about. This may be done by;
- Contacting us via our website; or
- Contacting us via telephone
From time to time, we may ask you to refresh your marketing preferences by asking you to confirm that you consent to continue receiving marketing information from us.
We may need to process your data to manage your queries, complaints, or claims and may result in us contacting you by the contact details you have previously provided.
Where required to perform a Contract with you;
We may use and process your personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you including for the following purposes;
- To exchange information for warranty/aftersales to the relevant manufacturer of your vehicle.
- The purchase of a vehicle
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|__cfduid||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.|
|_fbp||This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.|
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_ga_G1VLSW294M||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.|
|_gat||This cookies is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the colllection of data on high traffic sites.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_75744512_1||Set by Google to distinguish users.|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.|
|ANONCHK||This cookie is used for storing the session ID for a user. This cookie ensures that clicks from advertisement on the Bing search engine are verified and it is used for reporting purposes and for personalization.|
|ARRAffinity||This cookie is set by websites that run on Windows Azure cloud platform. The cookie is used to affinitize a client to an instance of an Azure Web App.|
|bcookie||This cookie is set by linkedIn. The purpose of the cookie is to enable LinkedIn functionalities on the page.|
|bscookie||This cookie is a browser ID cookie set by Linked share Buttons and ad tags.|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Advertisement".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|
|ep201||This cookie is set by Wufoo for load balancing, site traffic and preventing site abuse.|
|ep202||This cookie is set by the provider Surveymonkey. This cookie is used for statistical analysis and website optmization. It gathers information on user's interaction with the SurveyMonkey- Widget on thewebsite.|
|fr||The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.|
|lang||This cookie is used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website.|
|lidc||This cookie is set by LinkedIn and used for routing.|
|MUID||Used by Microsoft as a unique identifier. The cookie is set by embedded Microsoft scripts. The purpose of this cookie is to synchronize the ID across many different Microsoft domains to enable user tracking.|
|session_id||This cookie is used to get or set the session id for the current session.|
|test_cookie||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|UserMatchHistory||Linkedin - Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor's preferences.|
Should you decide to change your preferences later through your browsing session, you can click on the “Manage your consent” link below. This will display the consent notice again enabling you to change your preferences or withdraw your consent entirely.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.pinewoodsa.co.za
To learn more on how Google & Facebook cookies work on websites, please visit:
- Google Analytics: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Facebook Pixel: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel
- LinkedIn Insight: https://www.linkedin.com/help/lms/answer/65521/the-linkedin-insight-tag-frequently-asked-questions?lang=en
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the Protection of Personal Information Act. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for your information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received your request.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you by emailing to us at the end of this notice. This will be provided in a readable format (CSV) free of charge. We may not provide you with a copy of your information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
Correcting and updating your personal information
The accuracy of your information is important to us and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us on the details provided in this notice.
Withdrawing your consent
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, as set out under ‘How we use your personal data’ section, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details provided in this notice. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can also do this by selecting the ‘Preferences’ link located at the bottom of our emails. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
Objecting to our use of automated processing
You may contest a decision made about you based on automated processing by contacting us on the details provided in this notice.
Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal data to be removed from our systems by emailing us at the address at the end of this notice. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal data in the following situations;
- Where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so.
- You have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings.
In these situations, we may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company in connection with legal proceedings.
Transferring your personal information;
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract, as set out under section ‘How we use your personal data’ you may ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in a structured data file. We will provide this to you electronically in a CSV file.
We may not provide you / transfer you a copy of your data if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
Complaining to the SA Information Regulator;
You have the right to complain to the Information Regulator if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the IRSA website for further details.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
By email: email@example.com
As part of our candidate application and recruitment process Pinewood DMS SA (Pty) Ltd (“Pinewood SA”) collects, processes and stores personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process. This section of the Pinewood SA Privacy Notice sets out:
- Why we collect your personal information;
- What information is collected and;
- How it is processed within the recruitment process.
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term “processing” to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
1) Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application: CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications, age, diversity (i.e. gender), nationality, previous disciplinary matters;
- Assessment: CV, psychometric tests (such as a situational judgement test, ability or personality test), interview (face to face, telephone or video), behavioural assessments (such as a role play, group exercise or presentation), technical assessments;
2) What personal information might we process?
The information we process might potentially include some sensitive personal information. Sensitive personal information is not routinely collected about all applicants; it may be collected where Pinewood SA has a legal obligation to do so, or if you choose to disclose it to us during the course of your relationship with Pinewood SA.
This information could include:
Identification, Education and Similar Data
- Name, work and home contact details
- Date and place of birth
- Skills and qualifications
- Health issues requiring adaptations to working environment
- Individual demographic information in compliance with legal requirements (such as marital status, national identifier, passport/visa information, nationality, citizenship, military service, disability, work permit, date and place of birth or gender)
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Job title, grade and job history
- Employment contract related information (including compensation, location, hours of work and so on)
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Employer feedback / references to include regulated references where necessary;
Application Process Data
- Details provided in relation to conflicts of interest or trade body membership
- Building CCTV images
- Audio recordings of telephone interviews
- Video recordings of interviews
- Notes from face to face interviews
- Psychometric test results and associated reports
- Results from behavioural assessments (e.g. Assessment Centre exercises)
- Results from technical assessments
During the process we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend interviews/assessment centres, to prepare for starting at the bank (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regard to our hiring.
The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application,
- Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviours for the role)
- Activities needed to complete the on-boarding and screening process should your application be successful.
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
- Those employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf;
- Employees in HR who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment, assessment, pre-employment screening);
- Employees with responsibility for investigating issues of non-compliance with laws and regulations, policies and contractual requirements;
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
- Audit and Investigations employees in relation to specific audits/investigations.
Pinewood SA may also need to share your information with certain external third parties including:
- Companies who provide candidate interview and assessment services to Pinewood SA;
- Academic institutions (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating the information you’ve provided;
- Other third-party suppliers (or potential suppliers), who provide services on our behalf.
This notice was last updated: 9th April 2021