Job Title: Project Assistant
Reporting Line: Project Manager
Location: Brickfield Canvas, Brickfield Road, Woodstock
The Project Assistant will be the right hand to our Project Manager, working in conjunction and supporting our Project Manager to ensure overall project success. The ideal candidate will be in lockstep with the Project Manager throughout the project cycle, ensuring to pick up whatever/whenever they need to. To get this right, you will need to work closely with the different teams to monitor various project KPIs ranging from adherence to timelines and estimated hours to customer and internal stakeholder satisfaction. The Project Team manages a variety of internal and customer projects that range from small (Post Sale) to big (Implementation) projects for the Pinewood group.
Who are we?
Our customers demand exceptional quality tools to run their businesses effectively. We work closely with dealers across the globe to deliver the optimum, modern dealer management system, letting them focus on delivering significant results for their business. Our user-friendly system is split by role type, re-thinking stagnant processes to make dealerships more efficient.
- A sense of belonging and teamwork
- A keen respect for customers and one another
- Continuously striving to grow and improve
- Delivery focus and commitment
- An open and honest environment
Expectations of Character:
Analysis and Problem Solving
- When you’re presented with a challenge, it’s important to be able to analyse it rationally and logically to determine its strengths and weaknesses to ultimately come up with a solution.
- As part of the projects team, you will be faced with challenges daily where outside of the box type thinking will be key to problem solving.
- Learning from both successes and failures and owning them.
- It’s important to be able to convey your points, professionally, and concisely so that each team member, stakeholder, and the customer knows exactly what is expected of them. It’s just as important to be able to listen to concerns and to mediate misunderstandings.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are kept updated with any feedback they should know/need to action.
- The ability to communicate your ideas in a way that is logical and easy for others to understand, both in writing and in person.
- Ability to delegate successfully.
- As the project assistant, you need to be change orientated. This will allow you to successfully promote and facilitate change internally and with customers, you need to continuously observe and question processes to help build this cohesive environment.
- Detail orientation and being organised are key to delivering successful projects, you will be expected to show these traits in your everyday tasks.
- Promoting teamwork. Working as a team can increase productivity and develop healthy relationships between employees and teams. The Project Assistant is expected to drive these qualities home, ensuring good cross collaboration.
- Assist project manager and team in all administration functions and processes.
- Attend all project meetings and take notes.
- Collaborate on project presentations.
- Facilitate the development of project plans and manage them from inception to completion.
- Monitor all moving parts of the project keeping them synchronized and moving forward.
- Prepare, organise, and distribute all necessary project materials.
- Collaborate with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team, communicating team availability.
- Organise and monitor schedules as well as assign tasks to team members and see that deadlines are met.
- Organise and implement formulated policies and procedures.
- Make travel arrangements for the teams needing to be onsite with customers in a timeous manner and within budget.
- Assist the project manager to analyse project data and produce progress reports.
- Foster positive and productive client relationships.
- Tertiary education.
- Ability to work within a highly pressurised environment and remain calm.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Willingness and ability to comfortably travel to engage and deliver at customers’ premises.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access).
- Extremely organised and focussed.
- Positive and encouraging personality.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to the team’s success.
- Propensity for multi-tasking.
- Deadline driven.
To apply, simply click on this ‘Apply for position‘ link. (Make sure to add your Curriculum Vitae, which must not be longer than 2 pages, with a brief covering letter.)